• FrowingFostek@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    7 hours ago

Nah, I listen to my breadtube on 11. Its a public space, and if you don’t like what I’m listening to I would love to have a discussion about it.

• Smoogs@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 hours ago

Yes, It IS a public space. It’s not just YOUR space.

you owe all of us a lot of tax money that went into making that space meant for everyone. Not just you alone.

There’s your discussion as far as anyone doesn’t owe you one.

narcissistic sociopath: A narcissistic sociopath is someone who exhibits traits of both narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) and antisocial personality disorder (ASPD). They may have an exaggerated sense of self-importance, a lack of regard for others, and a tendency to manipulate others to get what they want

At least your sink hole can be blocked online easier these days.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 hours ago

Movie theaters are public spaces. Do you do that in movie theaters while the movie is playing? How about libraries? How about a cemetery during a burial?

link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 hours ago

Nope I’m there for the movie. Libraries are there for reading and studying. Cemeteries are there for grieving family and friends. I consider those things to be an event that occupies my attention.

If I’m in a public space without something that should occupy my attention, I’ll listen to my discussion-based audio however I wanna.

link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          3 hours ago

And if someone else doesn’t feel like it should occupy their attention and play music in those places? Why is what should occupy your attention more important than what should occupy their attention?

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            3 hours ago

Does someone not monitor disruptive behavior? The theater worker, the funeral home attendant, librarians etc.

If I’m having a discussion do I need to worry about others listening to my discussion?

link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              3 hours ago

You above:

Its a public space, and if you don’t like what I’m listening to I would love to have a discussion about it.

So if someone monitoring that behavior wants it to stop, you expect them to discuss whether or not it should be stopped.

Or does that only apply to you and no one else gets to justify playing music at top volume where other people don’t want to hear it?

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                3 hours ago

Just discussions, if someone is arguing in a space and its disruptive then, yes.

If someone is listening to a discussion on their phone how is that different from listening to a discussion in person?

Personally music doesn’t bother me either, I’ll just tell them my opinion on their music if I felt that strongly. Or just be a normal person and bump to it, if i like the music.

link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  3 hours ago

And now you’re changing what you said. You were talking about listening to music. You said if someone doesn’t like the loud music you’re listening to in a public space, you want to have a discussion with them about it.

So if someone else is listening to loud music at a cemetery, you should expect them to want to discuss it with whoever tells them to turn it off before they turn the music off.

Unless you think rules that apply to you don’t apply to others. Which is it?

link
                    fedilink
                    arrow-up
                    arrow-down
                    ·
                    3 hours ago

I don’t think there’s any music on breadtube bro. Either way, I don’t mind music in public, personally.

I stand behind discussions in public, audio or otherwise. I conced listening to loud music in a public space can be very disruptive.

I suppose I’m just not that sensitive to the subject.