Browsing social media, it’s apparent that people are quick to point out problems in the world, but what I see less often are suggestions for how to solve them. At best, I see vague ideas that might solve one issue but introduce new ones, which are rarely addressed.

Simply stopping the bad behaviour rarely is a solution in itself. The world is not that simple. Take something like drug addiction. Telling someone to just stop taking drugs is not a solution.

• HubertManne@moist.catsweat.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    3 hours ago

There are many congressional solutions to many of the things im vocal about. ending citizens united and making it clear rights are for living being people only (you know sort enshiring the idea the governement is from the people and for the people), medicare for all but improved, creating higher income tax brackets that go up to a billion and recognize all things as income so basically getting rid of capital gains, breaking up monopolies and regulating businesses, there is a lot.

• DomeGuy@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      3 hours ago

Did you just intend to endorse organ harvesting and grave robbing?

And, if you want tax reform capital gains aren’t your target, but instead “unrealized gains”. A billionare pledging stock to back a loan should pay tax on their whole net worth’s increass in value first.

• HubertManne@moist.catsweat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        3 minutes ago

Im trying to get the rogan harvesting but if I do get it, its a real stretch joke on of and for the people. Yes I like the unrealized gains. Its funny because while writing it I was thinking about that but did not have a good term. Im not big on a wealth tax but any growth from any direction should be taxed the same as income. I might allow some deductions like one residential property that you live in.