I have a home setup with private services and Wireguard to phone in from outside, and would sometimes like to be able to access some of these services from devices that don’t have their own Wireguard client like an eBook reader.

Ideally, I would have Wireguard on my Android phone, create a WiFi hotspot and allow other devices to use that Wireguard connection. Out of the box this doesn’t work. Does anybody know how to achieve it?

• tofublOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        6 hours ago

Dang, also on Graphene…

here’s a thread with official Graphene voices saying it won’t happen (and why)

• jet@hackertalks.com
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 hours ago

Yeah, to me it’s a absolute killer feature for a travel phone. The GOS discussion around it boils down to violating the android profile security model.

E.x., im using a hotel wifi that only allows one device, or I have a esim for one phone only that doesn’t allow “tethering”.

Fair enough on the security model, but at least give me the option… Maybe with a always on notification warning. Being paternalistic about how you think the phone will be used and in which context is overstepping for infrastructure

I travel with a backup phone, and because of this I have calyxos on the backup and not gos.

• tofublOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            6 hours ago

Having strong opinions is what Graphene does. 😅

And they do seem to be an authority on all things security, so most of the time I like that about them.