The Green Party leader has hired a GOP consulting firm and worked with Trump-affiliated lawyers.

• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 hours ago

…I would argue that even insurrectionist is being far, far too lenient. They should be called terrorists. But, yeah, calling them “rioters”…barf.

• UnderpantsWeevil@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 hours ago

They should be called terrorists.

Stein’s campaign also paid $100,000 to a consulting firm, Accelevate, that has worked with Republican campaigns for signature-gathering services.

This is now the bar for “terrorism”?

• CharlesDarwin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

Um, what? I’m commenting on the corporate media’s insistence on calling the insurrectionists “rioters”. I think even the term insurrectionist is a bit of a euphemism.

link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          4 hours ago

I’m commenting on the corporate media’s insistence on calling the insurrectionists “rioters”.

Oh, that. I mean, that was a riot in a very classic sense. To call it an insurrection feels romantic, relative to what amounted to a massive adult baby temper tantrum that left a handful of people dead. Insurrections tend to have stronger leadership and more strategy.

• Krauerking@lemy.lol
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            3 hours ago

That is a shockingly harsh sick burn. Holy shit.

Edit: still love it. Can’t stop thinking about how well this casually and truthfully states it.

• rotten@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      16 hours ago

you: le government is bad, crooked and corrupt. We must seize the means of production!

also you: omg, those inshurexionists… they made the government poopy their pants and punched some cops (we love cops now) TERRORISTS!

Is this even real?

link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        4 hours ago

they made the government poopy their pants

If this had been a private property owned by one of your favorite mega-corps rather than the legislature’s main office, I suspect you libertarians would be singing a different tune.

What is it about the Non-Aggression Principle that just melts away for the Reich-Wing Party when its a mob of anti-immigrant psychos busting a cop’s head open with a flag pole?

• Fedizen@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        11 hours ago

I mean if you believe in democratic ownership of the economy then trying to undermine the democracy is basically treason.

Reality though is we’re voting for one faction of elites and another, less competent but more brutal set of elites via an election that has the trappings of democracy. Stealing that is depriving the public of the tiny crumb of choice we have, which honestly should bring out the bloodlust against the Jan 6th people. Why take away our final bit of control?

You’re basically making the argument “Its just a crumb of democracy, why bother?” but for most people in the US it is the last remaining crumb of control over our government and expecting people to surrender it entirely to elites is some insane shit.

Elites here are generally the economic elites: Musk, Gates, Bezos, other corporate CEOs who would love nothing more than to take away the public’s final bit of influence over government.

• zbyte64@awful.systems
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        13 hours ago

Ahh yes, seizing the means of production by nullifying a democratic election. Look at what the longshoremen are doing on the East Coast, that is seizing the means comrade.

• AngryCommieKender@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        15 hours ago

Nuance would be your friend, if you understood it. There’s a difference between a fascist uprising, a populist uprising, and a revolution. At this point the leftists understand that one can be far more effective online than in person, and they are killing you into a false sense of security. Marx is your friend, especially Groucho and Karl. Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini, and Adolf Eichmann are not.

• rotten@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          15 hours ago

Looking realistically at the situation, it was an ineffective riot by some clods. Knowing that and watching the politicos cower for once should bring joy to the heart of anyone who has had to deal with the system. I mean… unless you actually are a statist at heart. Then it was a great insult to the power structure.

Whoever swallows the rrats and takes great offense literally outs themselves. I’m sure they’ll downvote away but fake internet points don’t take away the stench of being a phony.

• AngryCommieKender@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            15 hours ago

Ahh, thanks for clearly stating where you align. I’m no statist, but just from your description, you’re clearly a statist apologist.

Disregarding the fact that that particular insurrection was incited by a sitting president, those insurrectionists were and are unrepentant bigots that chose violence over the social contract. That you defend them in any aspect merely shows your own reliance on the status quo.

Come back to me when you are actually willing to throw your own comfort aside, when the cops are around. I do so every single time I see a fucking pig.