Maybe EVs are not a comprehensive climate solution??

• Don_alForno@feddit.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    2 days ago

This paper takes it’s data from a survey in Finland, so I believe it should use the Finnish power mix in it’s conclusions or at least compare to it.

Also, even using 100% coal power an EV emits less CO2 than an ICE car over the same distance. It comes down to rich people emitting more CO2 in general, which was known, and I don’t see the need for the focus on EVs. Smells like click bait conservatives are gonna abuse in their BS “EVs have higher emissions than ICEs” arguments. OP already made that mistake.

Edit: The article title is click bait. The actual research paper is titled

But can it drive to Lapland? A comparison of electric vehicle owners with the general population for identification of attitudes, concerns and barriers related to electric vehicle adoption in Finland

which makes more sense.

• Sonori@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 days ago

Ya, if the article is using Finish survey data than it’s definitely ridiculous to talk about it being powered by coal, I had assumed that given the article’s presentation they were at least looking at gobal statistics.

Given the the title of the paper they got this from, if they are not getting paid by an oil company somewhere already they really should work on collecting the free money for the work they are already doing.