• Naw. Here’s my completely uninformed theory:

Melania is Trump’s second wife, and he’s exactly the kind of douchebag who’d have an iron-clad pre-nup. I think she’s staying with him because (a) he probably doesn’t touch her anymore, and spends his little-hands time with other women, (b) he’s still a source of income for her, and © she gets nothing, or a pittance, if she divorces him. It may be that if he divorces her, she gets a payout, which would explain why he hasn’t moved on to wife #3, but he’s got the cake and is eating it, too; the real conundrum is why she hasn’t left him yet. My money’s on a pre-nup.

• porkchop@midwest.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      1 day ago

Melania is wife #3. Ivana was first (Mom of Jr, Eric, and Ivanka), then Marla Maples (Mom of Tiffany), then Melania (Mom of Barron).

• BarqsHasBite@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      23 hours ago

real conundrum is why she hasn’t left him yet.

She’s 54, he’s 78. She’s waiting for him to croak.

• BarqsHasBite@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          20 hours ago

Agreed, she can’t get too out of line so I expect this will be it. And if she stays in good enough graces with maga she’ll be able to grift them enough to be comfortable (thus this book), that means she can’t start the divorce.

• Dagwood222@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 hours ago

She’s Wife Number 3. Ivana Trump was #1; Ivanka’s mom, she was the star of the show when Trump was breaking out in the 1980s. #2 was Marla Maples. Evidence appears to show that Trump divorced her after finding out that she was sleeping with one or more members of her security team. [So Donnie would be a cuck who paid for his wife’s lovers.]

• EtherWhack@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 day ago

Could be… I mean if you think about it she’s hiding out in the one state where he can’t really do anything. She also seems to be subtlety egging him on with criticizing Florida’s weather and by association the Trump abode. Now she’s contradicting her hubby’s view on abortion. Like goading him to slip up and either run away or break one of the stipulations.

She could also be playing a long game, of sorts, and just doing it to increase his stress level. If you think about it, with his very likely unhealthy diet, his age and physique, along with the seemingly increase of droning on; adding the stress of even more controversy on top (other than his legal woes) could easily lower his life expectancy like a stone.

Either way, we won’t know until after the dust settles following the election. But I do stand by my opinion that there is trouble in “paradise” and something has to be brewing.

• She had clearly lost interest even before the last election. The kids played along, because they got to hobnob with various heads off state, and play like they were actually running things, but they’re all conspicuously absent this time around.

If he has dementia - and it’s been hard to tell whether he does or if that’s just his natural state - then it’s hard on them to be around him. Dementia doesn’t differentiate: everybody gets the mean.