• EmperorHenry
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    3 days ago

I’ve only been mistaken as an employee in one store I used to frequent. I was very disappointed when all three of those other customers actually accepted I didn’t work there.

I was in the camping section checking out the flashlights and the idiot that actually worked there wasn’t expected to learn what those lights will actually do. Told the customer it runs at the maximum output for the runtime of the lowest output because the employee only looked at the simplified status on the side of the box.

I had to show the customer the chart on the back of the box where the runtime and brightness of each mode is listed there and talked at length about all the different lights on display that I saw and was familiar with.

When I stepped away three different customers asked me about stuff in different departments of that store and I told them I didn’t work there. Some of them gave me a dirty look, others were more chill about it.

You can make anyone believe you’re supposed to be somewhere if you just act like you know what you’re doing. But in this case I actually did know more about those flashlights than the employees did.