• randint@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

You are doing PR for the Chinese Communist Party. I have nothing against communism, what I am against is their dictatorship.

My goal is to… well I don’t really have a goal. All I want to do is to make my opinions heard just like you are.

• SootyChimney [any]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

You should honestly investigate how democracy actually works in China - You’ll find that they have far more votes and actual choices for their officials than you ever have, and the approval rate of the government, even when anonymously/independently surveyed, is almost certainly higher than your country’s.

• randint@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I honestly find it hard to believe that there is any degree of democracy in a country where the government regularly silences words on its social media. The local officials (the mayor, legislators, and the president) where I live are all elected and I’m pretty sure that’s already more than what China has. Their high approval rate is due to the fact that people don’t know that their government can be better.

• SootyChimney [any]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

The local officials (the mayor, legislators, and the president) where I live are all elected and I’m pretty sure that’s already more than what China has

I think what I said is still true.

There’s a lot of handwaving in your reply that China’s population are just ignorant and censorship exists therefore its bad, based on little info. All Western countries also have major systems of censorship on social media. The majority of people in China have access to the internet via unfiltered VPNs - they have basically as much free access to information as you do.

• randint@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

All Western countries also have major systems of censorship on social media.

Well, yeah, I suppose so.

The majority of people in China have access to the internet via unfiltered VPNs.

I would say that Chinese people who have a VPN are among the minority (less than 50%). But yeah, Chinese people who have a VPN have access to all the content outside the national firewall.

• AntiOutsideAktion [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Your opinion doesn’t deserve to be heard though. You’re calling China a dictatorship. You haven’t done any investigation into the thing you’re talking about and are therefore speaking nonsense. Why do you want your opinion to be heard so badly? Have you done so much work on it that you’re proud to show it off to others?

• Egon [they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

There have been provided several sources for you in this very thread, yet you choose not to engage with them. Why do you think you have a right to spread misinformation?

• UnicodeHamSic [he/him]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

How do you know that? All the evidence we can find says that China is not doing that.

Your gut is telling you they are. What could give you this instinct? It could only be rascism.