Hello world! I am very bad at taking photos of my knitting, but I’m rarely seen without it! This is one of my many wips, and will one day grow up to be a monster blanket!!

• thegiddystitcher@lemm.eeM
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Looks like it’s well on the way already! Is it a particular pattern or are you just making it up as you go?

• Zogina@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Making up as I go - the slip stitches were inspired by a pic I saw somewhere of a scarf - the plan is to make about 16 squares (maybe 20 - but I might not make that!) then graft them together…. I’ve grafted two together - and honestly, it’s not my finest work - so I’m still thinking how to join!

• Zogina@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks! I’m using a long cable - and then transferring the completed, but not cast off, square onto “scoobies” (this is a GREAT tip I picked up from someone on instagram - scoobies are those long plastic tubes that were a bit of a fad a few years ago for kids crafting. They are cheap, and hollow, so you can transfer stitches on and off by jamming the tip of the needle into the scoobie, and carefully sliding them across the join)

• gina@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That is beautiful and you are brave! Center outward always gets me hooked at the beginning when it looks like I’m flying along and then crushes me as the rounds get longer and longer :)

• Zogina@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Ah - that’s why I’m making big squares…. But the problem is, one day I have to join them!