Any software recommendations and stuff? I mainly want to use it for streaming videos and playing ps2 emulator, not so much emulating but just to try it out. Anti virus stuff, things in this realm- been using banana phone for years haven’t had android since high school.

• hexinvictus [he/him]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    16 hours ago

No one uses an antivirus on their phone.

Check out stremio. It’s great for pirating movies and tv show. If you’re in the US. I’d invest in real debrid($3 a month) which converts torrents to regular links so it doesn’t look like you’re torrenting to your ISP

Jerboa is my favorite lemmy app

Trunks is my favorite mastodon app

• joaomarrom [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      15 hours ago

I second the stremio + realdebrid recommendation, but with the caveat that it’s pretty bad for the torrent network, since it doesn’t seed… I use it, but I make sure to seed everything I download like crazy on my PC’s torrent client

• theskyisfalling@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        13 hours ago

This really kind of annoys me too, I also use realdebrid, I just wish they would add anything that gets requested and used to a pool that then gets permanently seeded. This would stop me from feeling so much like a hit and run scumbag but also preserve the media in another way for future downloads.

• joaomarrom [he/him, comrade/them]@hexbear.net
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 hours ago

Absolutely, although I imagine that it would be prohibitively expensive and/or illegal for them to do so. That’s why I try to offset my leeching by seeding a ton of stuff whenever my PC’s turned on