• sleep_deprived@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        23 minutes ago

If we stop doing business with SpaceX, we immediately demolish most of our capability to reach space, including the ISS until Starliner quits failing. Perhaps instead of trying to treat this as a matter of the free market we should recognize it as what it is - a matter of supreme economic and military importance - and force the Nazi fucker out.

• GiddyGap@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          16 minutes ago

Sure. As long as he goes, I’ll support it all day long.

• Zoot@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 hours ago

Thankfully SpaceX is MORE than just Elon. Unlike Twitter, where he’s removed everyone and turned it to slop. He makes no money from it, so why shouldn’t he fuck with it?

SpaceX actually makes money. Elon won’t fuck it up. (Or he will, but atleast we will have learned an insane amount of things thanks to them.)

• GiddyGap@lemm.ee
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          49 minutes ago

I’m sure it makes money and he may not F it up, but that’s not the point. The point is that Elon has turned into the douche of the century along with his butt-buddy Trump.

• TimeSquirrel@kbin.melroy.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        2 hours ago

Do you like modern tech? Do you like the chips in your device you’re using to comment right now? You can thank the space industry. Without Apollo we would still be 30 years behind in integrated circuit technology.

• mojo_raisin@lemmy.bestiver.se
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          2 hours ago

If I was given the choice by a genie, on the one side you have your laptop, Lemmy, car, etc, but millions of people an animals suffer, or on the other hand, our tech evolves more slowly and sustainably, I’d choose the latter every time.

I’ll take being 30 years behind and still have <insert any species we’ve driven extinct>. An entitlement to the lives and well being of others for the sake of “progress” is pretty sick.