I just want to make funny Pictures.

• turtletracks@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    20 hours ago

Computers do not get “inspiration” or “influence”, and that’s quite literally not what I’m arguing. Maybe I’m just talking to an AI lol

• Blue_Morpho@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      17 hours ago

Your argument is that you can get a request for a commission perhaps for a mascot ( create a new comic hero in the style of Jack Kirby) and it’s perfectly fine for you Google examples of Kirby’s style to create the picture.

But if a computer does the same it’s a copyright violation.

• turtletracks@lemmy.zip
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        16 hours ago

Because an AI does not create unique art/concepts/ideas, what’s hard to understand about that? You are putting the human mind on the same level as AI and that’s wild

• Blue_Morpho@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 hour ago

The fact that you can’t pin down most AI photos to a combination of existing art is proof that’s untrue. A random number generator can create unique numbers just like a human asked to write a list of random numbers.

A random AI photo generator will create a unique work of art. Your claim was that it is a copyright violation to copy an art style.

That a human can add meaning, and emotion to art is a question of quality. I never questioned that human art is higher quality.

• turtletracks@lemmy.zip
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            34 minutes ago

And a random number generator is not random lol. And I never claimed copying an art style is a copyright violation, stop putting words in my mouth. God you people are so fucking annoying to argue with, making shit up, ignoring any points, you don’t even understand how the thing works

• turtletracks@lemmy.zip
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            36 minutes ago

I wish you understood how AI worked lol. People who don’t know how an AI works on a technical scale should not have opinions on whether or not it’s copywritten