Abravnel’s pictures show two bearded men wearing sunglasses and three other men wearing face coverings on board the boat. One of the men on board appeared to be holding an image of Mike Lindell, CEO of the My Pillow company. Lindell, who is a well-known Trump supporter, recently hit back against claims that his product pricing was inadvertently linked to neo-Nazi propaganda.

• acosmichippo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 hours ago

there is that, but I think also many republicans have a weird cognitive dissonance where they’re antisemitic in general, but still very pro-israel/zionist because of fundamental christianity, and/or they are even more islamaphobic than antisemitic.

• meco03211@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

Honestly I could see some of them being stupid enough to think Isreal is majority Christian. Like they’d be “ethnically Jewish” but Christian religion.

• Oofnik@kbin.earth
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      4 hours ago

I think that they are pro-Israel because they want all the American Jews to move there to rid them of “the problem” of American Jews. Think of them like national segregationists - they don’t mind Jewish people existing as long as they are “over there”. And it’s also in Israel’s interest to project themselves as the only place in the world where Jews can be safe.