10 months ago

Sorry but I don’t have the ability to stop caring how the world is doing

• sigmaklimgrindset@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Sorry in advance for the unsolicited advice, but if you’re a news junkie (like me), try out an RSS feed reader (Feedly, Inoreader, Newsblur is a FOSS option).

You get to bypass the comment section of social media while still being aware of what is going on around you. I use Ino because it’s cross platform. It makes it super easy to subscribe to anything from Nature to Vogue to my local news affiliate, and it has a trending section, as well as curated groups for hobbies/interests and your work industry as well.

You don’t have to stop caring about the world in order to live without social media.

• sigmaklimgrindset@sopuli.xyz
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Oh I totally understand, I’m the exact same way. But lately looking at social media comments is the equivalent of taking +1000% psychic damage.

• kwking13@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I appreciate the concern and know about the potential negative consequences. But with all due respect, you don’t know me or the type of news I seek out or how I feel about it. I prefer to know what’s going on around me and the world so I can work towards making impactful changes. That doesn’t mean everyone else has to but it works well for me.