They are trying hard to make you not notice you’re spending a week of your life driving each year.

• wetsoggybread@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

Ive started walking to work in june as part of an activity challenge at work and even now, I havent touched my car as much. Thankfully my walk is only a half hour which is nice. Im able to read on my phone and Id say about 95% of it I can walk on sidewalks. This might change come winter but its better than never I suppose

• BCsven@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      20 hours ago

Allow me to suggest a pair of winter boots with thick soles, then buy self tapping sheet metal hex screws. Screw them into the soles. you will have excellent traction on snow ot ice, but slipoery on tile surfaces.

• Swedneck
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      23 hours ago

allow me to evangelize noise cancelling headphones: at this point they can likely be found for astoundingly cheap and they are good enough that the cheapo ones i got feel like magic, turn on ANC mode and it’s like you put in proper construction site earplugs except you can also listen to music. I don’t know how i managed to survive without them.

If you already have a pair, i hope this enlightens someone to the technological marvel available to us.