An Indiana Jones game, previously announced by Bethesda subsidiary MachineGames, was planned for multiple platforms – but the contract with Disney was amended following Microsoft’s buyout of the publisher. Confirmation comes as part of the Federal Trade Commission’s ongoing court case regarding the Redmond firm’s proposed $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard.

• sub_o@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

To be honest, fuck big companies, and the merger & acquisitions that leads to monopoly, and often the dissolving of the teams behind those acquired companies (look at EA, and now Embracer)

I wish the cost of game development hasn’t ballooned so much that it’s hard for medium size companies to stay afloat. Companies started by game devs / enthusiast, find buyouts attractive, got absorbed by publishing companies, CEO replaced with MBAs / Lawyers, downward spiral.

• delmain@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Literally final fantasy 16 is a Sony exclusive right now, so it’s not like anyone can even claim it’s a historical thing

• gk99@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

They wouldn’t be doing this if Sony hadn’t kept doing it and the gaming community kept trashing the Xbox One for “not having exclusives.” Phil Spencer has gone on record saying that he doesn’t like exclusives.

They’re just playing the game by its rules.

• UKFilmNerd@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

As an Indiana Jones fan and a PS5 owner, this has pissed me off today.

There was a thought in the back of my head that told me it was very likely to happen with MS buying Bethesda but as nothing had been said since the Twitter announcement in January '21, I still had my fingers crossed.

• vegivamp@feddit.nl
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So in one post, you tell me there is finally going to be a new Indy game, AND that it’s going to be owned by MS…

I don’t like you, OP.

• jmcsOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

No, I’m telling you that there is finally going to be a new Indy game, AND that it’s was going to be multi console but now it’s an exclusive because it was bought by MS…

• vegivamp@feddit.nl
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

It’s the MS part that bothers me. That it’s now exclusive is just one thing that makes them shit.