• TropicalDingdong@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    4 hours ago

Polls only seem to be fake news when the home town heroes are losing. Polling isn’t easily manipulated.

But yes, I agree on the issue of women voters. Harris is underperforming with literally every other cohort (relative to Biden). There really is no other cavalry to come in and save this (barring a whiplash inducing pivot from Harris on Israel/ Gaza).

• Bluefalcon
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 hours ago

Polling is very easy to manipulate. Cherry picking a region to reflect your out look. Requesting voluntary participation usually leads to hardcore people or people fucking with you. Most Americans won’t answer truthfully if you knock on their door or call them about a poll. Hell I had canvassers come to my place to see if I would listen to a Democratic pitch. I said no even though I voted Democrat.

Take one statistics class and you will see it is a very pseudoscience process.

• TropicalDingdong@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        3 hours ago

Again, because polling doesn’t agree with what you want reality to be, its “fake news”. There is a group of people who when reality disagrees with how they wish it was, the call it “fake news”.

• Bluefalcon
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 hours ago

It’s ok. As long as you believe it then it’s real.