The motion also included new details on how Trump’s relationship with Pence deteriorated, with the former vice-president telling Trump to stop repeating false election fraud theories and move on.

The documents released on Friday include transcripts of interviews with the 6 January House committee that investigated the US Capitol riot, parts of Pence’s autobiography and fundraising emails sent to voters.

It is unclear if the 6 January case will ever go to trial. Trump is expected to end the prosecution if he returns to the White House.

He is facing several other criminal cases. He already has been convicted on 34 felony counts in New York in relation to a hush-money payment.

• fuck_u_spez_in_particular@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 hours ago

Yeah I know, but that doesn’t change the fact that there’s a significant amount of people missing a brain… Not that I can do anything about it. And it’s not that europe is way better in this regard with the rise of right-wing-populism (but Trump is just idiocracy level).

• originalucifer@moist.catsweat.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          7 hours ago

a huge part is the passive propaganda machine in the southern united states. its fox news, 24/7 everywhere you go. every waiting room. every bar. for many this is their sole ‘news’ outlet.

you repeat a lie enough to a person, they will accept it as fact. these people readily admit, ‘there are 5 lights!’

• fuck_u_spez_in_particular@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            7 hours ago

Seemingly, it’s sad. I just cannot fathom this, to me when someone is repeating lies I just declare him idiot. What I find concerning is the level, i.e. they don’t accept logic facts and seemingly once that downward-spiral occured they cannot get out of their screwed conception of the world. I begin to “understand” why Nazis back then had success with what they did…

• voracitude@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              6 hours ago

It’s because you care more about the truth than being accepted as part of the group. Humans are wired to value being accepted, generally, so most people fall for the idea that consensus is a fact-based exercise.