What’s the antithesis of Arrested Development, Firefly or The Big Lebowski? Those may never have ‘found their audience’ but over time seemed to recognised by everyone. What are the deep cuts that you liked but it feels like everyone has completely forgotten they even existed.

• zemon@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

The Man from Earth is not forgotten, it has never been recognized. I’ve never seen such a great movie. The plot: a bunch of techers talking. That’s it. But that talk is mindblowing.

• button_masher@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Great watch!

My only gripe was the fact that he actually declared himself as [the one they accused him of being]. I wonder what would have happened if he kept it subtle or even passed it off as “It’s a joke guys” in a convincing manner. Would have been left to audience interpretations and may have increased tension. One may never know.

• lingh0e@lemmy.film
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

He didn’t really declare himself as anything during that portion of his story though. He explained how certain misperceptions and misunderstandings led to things getting out of control.

• button_masher@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I think I remember someone directly asking him the question and he simply replied. Think you’re right though. Damn humans and their need for answers!

It’s definitely time for a rewatch as my impressions have become hazy. Thanks mate.