• suburban_hillbilly@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    2 days ago

Lots of things are easy when you refuse to acknowledge the consequences of your actions. Enjoy the sand in your ears.

• TheOubliette@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 days ago

You said you’d love to do something as if it’s difficult when it is actually trivially easy.

You should be against genocide and not vote for genocide candidates. You seem to disagree. So, tell me. Tell me, “I will vote for a genocide candidate and normalize genocide”. Acknowledge your compliciy before making your excuses.

• Sauerkraut
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        2 days ago

We want to vote for zero genocide, but our broken two party system has become a horrific trolley problem where the only choices given to us are full genocide and half genocide. So I will vote for half genocide because the trolley will default to full genocide if we don’t.

Seriously, this is a trolley problem. You have the entire Palestinian population on the track (Trump), but you can pull a switch to move the trolley to only kill half as many (Harris). It sucks and I will never forgive our broken system for forcing me to make such a choice, but until we replace our corrupt system with something better we have to minimize harm in every way we can.

• TheOubliette@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          2 days ago

We want to vote for zero genocide

What I said was that you should not vote for or normalize genocide. You and others apparently disagree.

So tell me that you think you should support genocide or vote for genocide candidates.

This dithering is just lying to yourselves and others. In support of genocide.