I posted this in urbanism because I think it can be an offset for a nice discussion about living together in apartment blocks and the cramped conditions that arise, especially in sub-par block. Part of urbanism is urban living and discussions about how to tackle issues such as these.

Of course none of this would be an issue with good infrastructure, but that’s something that can always be said. If everything was lollypops and gumdrops and so on.

I like the thread because both people start off reasonable and courteous and then end up calling each other names. I dislike it because, it being reddit, it just becomes a dogpile instead.

• Sauerkraut
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 days ago

but cyclists can be nearly as entitled and dangerous as a motorist to people on foot

I walked in front of a cyclist once (on accident) and we both fell to the ground. I had a bruise where the bike hit me, but the embarrassment hurt far more than the bike. My friend was hit by an SUV and his parents buried him at 19.

Please don’t lie about bikes being as dangerous as cars. Yes, some cyclists are assholes (same as some pedestrians), but lying about how dangerous they are helps no one.

• PM_ME_YOUR_FOUCAULTS [he/him, they/them]@hexbear.net
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      4 days ago

I didn’t think I needed to explain that getting hit by a car is more injurious than getting hit by a bike, but sure

But also cars, at least where I live are not ignoring all traffic laws while I’m trying to cross the street so a bike hitting me is much more likely