• Sludgeyy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    20 hours ago

I agree with you.

People should absolutely be free to practice any religion they want in the US.

People shouldn’t be able to shove religion in your face or the opposite of athiests trying to shove non-religion in everyone’s face.

A true athiest is just as “delusional” as a true religious person. Both believe their idea is right on “beliefs.” No proof God or gods exist or not.

Most “athiests” are agnostic athiests, not gnostic athiest.

World would be a better place if “athiests” went more by agnostics.

Saying you’re athiest to a religious person is saying “I know your religion is wrong”. Saying you’re agnostic to a religious person is saying “I don’t know, but I don’t necessarily agree with you.”

There is currently no way to know. That is a fact, a hard truth. Thinking you have a way to know one way or the other is “crazy”

• YeetPics@mander.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        4 hours ago

By not adhering to the doctrines of the people believing in the one true God of course!

🤡

Seriously, fuck these regressive idiots.

• HelixDab2@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 hours ago

You are technically correct that most people that call themselves atheists are agnostics. But that’s a little like saying that .999999999999999999 is 1; it’s close enough that it’s not going to make a difference in almost all cases.

If you have empirical, verifiable, falsifiable evidence that a god exists, then most atheists will change their opinion. A person that believes in a god believes despite a complete lack of evidence.

It’s not that an atheist is saying, “I know your religion is wrong”; it’s much closer to, "you have not presented any falsifiable evidence that your religion is correct.

There is currently no way to know.

It’s true that you can’t prove a negative. On the other hand, no evidence exists that would tend to prove that a god exists. The lack of evidence is quite damning, particularly since people have been trying to demonstrate the existence of a god for well over 8000 years. Miracles have almost entirely ceased in the age of forensics, modern medicine, and photography; it’s almost like they only exist when they can’t be documented.

• Cuttlefish1111@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      16 hours ago

I agree with you

No

People should absolutely be free to practice any religion they want in the US.

No, Scientol0gy is criminal

People shouldn’t be able to shove religion in your face or the opposite of athiests trying to shove non-religion in everyone’s face.

No, The majority of atheists I am aware of keep it to themselves. The majority or Christians try to convert everyone they meet.

A true athiest is just as “delusional” as a true religious person. Both believe their idea is right on “beliefs.” No proof God or gods exist or not.

No, you’re speaking as a believer. A god would need to be proven first in order to be disproven.

Most “athiests” are agnostic athiests, not gnostic athiest.

Here we go telling people what to think again.

World would be a better place if “athiests” went more by agnostics.

Saying you agree there is a possibility of a god or not and denying the existence wholeheartedly are two different things.

Saying you’re athiest to a religious person is saying “I know your religion is wrong”. Saying you’re agnostic to a religious person is saying “I don’t know, but I don’t necessarily agree with you.”

Yup

There is currently no way to know. That is a fact, a hard truth. Thinking you have a way to know one way or the other is “crazy”

You can’t prove a negative, that’s a fact. Therein lies the fundamental flaw with theists, belief and opinion are not equal to facts.

The simple truth you cannot accept is understanding fact from fiction.