• frezik@midwest.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    4 hours ago

If you look at Harris’ history of how she runs her staff, that’s just not what she does. She tends to over prepare to the point of exhaustion. This is sometimes portrayed in the press as “Harris is hard on her staff”, but then you look at the details and it’s more that she expects a lot out of them.

Of course she doesn’t go into details in an interview. It would both bore people watching, and there’s no reason to give the plan away at this point.

• Steve@communick.news
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      2 hours ago

I know I don’t see this stuff like most people do. Platitudes and vague substance-less rhetoric does nothing for me… That’s not true. It annoys me.

She wouldn’t need to go into details. She could have simply said “Yes of course. There are several possibilities we’ve discussed and have contingencies for. I think we’re well prepared for his inevitable shenanigans.” That would have been a solid confidence inspiring answer. But instead, she tries to dodge the question, focusing on the present. I assume because she’s not aware of any plan and doesn’t want to say that. Then hearing herself, realizes it’s a bad answer to focus on the now without looking ahead; So she tries to find a way to say something that sounds like being prepared. And finally caps it off talking about how bad Trump is again.

I think so many people are so used to vacuous bullshit from politicians, they’ve started judging it by different standards than they would use in normal real world conversations. Imagine you asked a coworker a question, and got a response like hers. I’d hope your bullshit alarm would be blaring.