link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    7 hours ago

EDIT: Ignore my blind confidence. CAD is (mostly) broken in recent FF versions. (See ivn’s reply to this post).

Consent-o-Matic with Cookie Auto Delete and Firefox’s Multi-Account Container tabs covers it all nicely for me.

Cookie banners get handled, cookies I don’t explicitly want to keep automatically disappear when I leave the site/close the tab, and those I do want to keep can be given their own containers to keep them separated.

• ivn@jlai.lu
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      9 hours ago

Cookie autodelete doesn’t work with strict mode and you should use strict mode. Just drop it.

You don’t need an extension to auto remove cookies with Firefox.

• Brewchin@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 hours ago

You’re right. I’ll be damned. That’ll teach me to set-and-forget then not keep up with changes to Firefox and their effects on extensions. Thanks for the heads up.

• ivn@jlai.lu
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 hours ago

Here’s how to auto-delete cookies without an extension: https://github.com/arkenfox/user.js/blob/128.0/user.js#L669

Set privacy.sanitize.sanitizeOnShutdown and privacy.clearOnShutdown_v2.cookiesAndStorage (I don’t know if privacy.clearOnShutdown.cookies is still needed) to true. To allow a website to keep cookies do CTRL+I on the address bar then check “Set cookie” in the Permissions tab.