• GottaKnowYourCHKN@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    17 hours ago

So…Democrats are letting women get abortions and trans women exist. As a Republican, you’re FOR those things then? You support pro-choice, DEI, and socialized healthcare? That we should defund police? Allowing immigrants to move to the US?

Or are you saying Republicans and Trump are for those things? Because if so, what’s the issue? If Democrats are the old Republicans, wouldn’t Republicans be for all the things the Democrats stand for?

• expr@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 hours ago

I doubt it’s what OP means, but technically Republicans did get rebranded as Democrats (and vice versa) due to the political realignment of the parties after the Civil Rights Act and the Southern Strategy.

• PugJesus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 day ago

have the most left-leaning Dem Party in some 40 years

have the most right-leaning GOP in some 60 years

“I literally can’t tell the difference”

Keep simping for fascism, bud.

• Rhoeri@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    20 hours ago

This comes off like some edgelord wannabe looking to all their friends, saying:

“Look guys! I just did the both sides thing again! Isn’t it cool how I did that?! I’m one of the cool people for doing that, right guys? ….Right?”

Meanwhile, all their “friends” are saying:

”Look guys. There’s that edgelord wannabe with their bOtH siDeS thing again. Man. They’re so not cool for doing that.”

• distantsounds@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 day ago

I received a donation text from “Liz Cheney” and “Paul Vallas” within the last couple weeks. Very disappointing considering the only political donations I ever made was back in 2016 for Bernie.