• Cleggory@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      4 hours ago

How dumb of me to think the election will not significantly change the lives of almost anyone who is suffering in America and beyond.

• Jiggle_Physics@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        1 hour ago

Yeah, that is not true. One continues with a set of decisions that are actually improving my life, and the lives of those around me, while keeping the status quo abroad. The other, and everyone working with them, have produced a plan for governing that will make both significantly worse.

Just because you sit in a position of privilege, that means the GOP getting their way won’t significantly change your life, doesn’t mean that is true for others.

• Cleggory@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          1 hour ago

Unless you’re not a participant in the American economy, you must be incredibly privileged if inflation and housing costs have somehow improved for you rather than most Americans.

keeping the status quo abroad

Imagine the ignorance of human exploitation and suffering caused by western consumerism and American weapons to actually believe that the status quo is a good thing.

Just because you are vastly insulated from the suffering of others does not mean American problems start and end with the GOP. Democrat run cities are a paradise now?

• Jiggle_Physics@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            48 minutes ago

I didn’t say the status quo was a good thing, you just decided I said that in your head. You don’t seem to understand, that because something is bad, that it can still get, much, worse. I am ultra aware of the price of housing, like very, very, very aware of it. YOU are the one who seems to be unaware of the suffering of others. There is a whole fuck of a lot more suffering in this country than the cost of housing. I have been homeless, and not in a couch surfing till I get a job sort of way, it was a living in a concrete tube, under bridge, in sub zero temperatures, sort of way. You keep this horseshit fabrication of what I said going with the democrat cities quote, Never said that, further supporting my earlier thought that you don’t understand bad can get worse. In fact, I am willing to bet I have actually experienced the bad side them far more directly than you.

The fact that you can’t understand that one bad can be far worse than another, make me feel you are actually the one that is insulated from the suffering of others. People who are deeply suffering from things understand the relief of “better”, vs continuing on in the hope that my pipe dream comes true. Pipe dreams like not voting for the lesser evil in the presidential election will make third parties viable, or convince the more progressive side to actually become so, or that it won’t change anything for the worse. There is a lot of work to be done to change this situation. Pushing for more progressive candidates at the local level, judges, mayors, sheriffs, county execs, etc., and working with people who have been getting vote reform in multiple states, and more. If you want proof that this works, look at what the GOP has done over the past 50 years, and how it has allowed a minority population to have a strangle hold on the government.

Fuck off keyboard warrior.

• Cleggory@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              43 minutes ago

One continues with a set of decisions that are actually improving my life, and the lives of those around me, while keeping the status quo abroad.

I didn’t say the status quo was a good thing

Fuck off

A TLDR for the emotional rant in between please?