• Zoidberg@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    17 hours ago

Interesting. My reasoning is that narcissistic people crave attention, which cats may not give so overtly as a dog. Basically for a dog, a person is a god and some people love that kind of relationship.

• JackbyDev@programming.dev
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 hours ago

I’ve definitely seen multiple people talk about how they view it as a red flag when people like dogs but not cats because cats are mean. Their reasoning is that dogs will love you no matter what but cats have to want to get attention. The argument is that people don’t understand boundaries/consent.

I see their logic, but I think it’s looking a bit too far into it. Yellow flag maybe, not red.

• pahlimur@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        7 hours ago

This is my narcissistic neighbor’s behavior. He has 2 dogs, but he treats them like objects and not as part of the family. He absolutely hates cats for no real reason.

It’s a massive red flag. I had to help his ex wife escape from him because he’s a DARVO type abuser.

• JackbyDev@programming.dev
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 hours ago

We really don’t deserve dogs, they’re too precious. Meanwhile, if you’re a jerk to a cat they’ll hate you a lot faster than a dog does lol.

• ArcaneSlime@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        9 hours ago

Someone who doesn’t like cats is a red flag for me for one simple reason:

I have cats! They’re not going anywhere, either, so this probably isn’t going to work out lol.