• fine_sandy_bottom@lemmy.federate.cc
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    16 hours ago

No she’s not.

There’s every chance she’s going to lose the election to a criminal, fascist, rapist, lying, insurrectionist octogenarian who’s only policies are lynching political opponents and tanking the global economy with a tarrif war.

I like Harris immensely and I think she would make a fine president, and maybe go a long way to healing the yawning chasm between progressives and conservatives.

However given the remaining likelihood that she will lose against such an opponent you have to agree that her campaign hasn’t really gotten traction.

• hemmes@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      16 hours ago

No, I actually don’t agree respectfully. I wholeheartedly disagree. I think she’s on fire.

🔥🔥🔥Harris🔥🔥🔥

• hemmes@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          12 hours ago

Sounds like you’ve been listening to the wrong people instead of watching her interviews and rallies for yourself.

link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            9 hours ago

Come on. If you want to evaluate the effectiveness of Harris’ campaign, should you listen to her talk, or listen to commentary from a variety of sources?

• hemmes@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              5 hours ago

To evaluate the effectiveness, you would listen to the people, of course. What “sources“ are you talking about? News pundits? Because that would be a terrible metric.

link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                4 hours ago

That doesn’t make any sense.

How can you evaluate how well the voting public is resounding to Harris by listening to Harris talk?

If only there were some way you could kind of collate the thoughts of voters and try to predict which way they were going to vote. Like a statistical analysis of voters opinions. You could call it an election survey. You could do it every week or so to get a trend showing the comparative effectiveness of each party’s strategies.

I mostly listen to the British and Australian public broadcasters. Both have journalists in the US. No media is completely free of bias but these are pretty good imo.

Regardless, I challenge you to find a commentator who’s saying Harris is on fire.