Trump told Benjamin Netanyahu in one call this month, “Do what you have to do,” according to six people familiar with the conversation who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive and confidential information. Trump has said publicly that the two have spoken at least twice in October, with one call as recently as Oct. 19.

“He didn’t tell him what to do militarily, but he expressed that he was impressed by the pagers,” said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina), who was on a call this month with Trump and Netanyahu, referring to the Israeli operation that killed Hezbollah leaders with explosive batteries inside pagers. “He expressed his awe for their military operations and what they have done.”

Graham added: “He told them, do what you have to do to defend yourself, but we’re openly talking about a new Mideast. Trump understands that very much there has to be change with the corrupt Palestinian state.”

• xmunk@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      18 hours ago

I won’t, although they should feel deep shame for contributing to a genocide.

I think Harris was a weak pick and our lack of a primary was a serious mistake. I blame the DNC for hand picking the next candidate instead of allowing the democratic process to proceed.

But, at this point, Harris is our candidate… so I hope to fuck she wins.

• Rhaedas@fedia.io
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        17 hours ago

Do more. Get her and others in office, and then let them have it with your demands that we not only stop helping the war, but be active in forcing it to stop. Do that regardless of who is in office, but even in the “both sides” mentality which is more likely to sway to a huge public outcry, left or right?

This didn’t begin with this election or Harris’ campaign, although it sure feels like coverage ramped up around that time. Coincidence?

A side note on the primary - I do agree that Biden shouldn’t have started a second run and we should have had a proper primary. We didn’t, and the change to Harris was so late in the game doing a primary (if that’s even legally possible) would have done more damage and missed the effect it had on Trump. We can’t fix the past, only try and navigate the present, otherwise we’d probably be best to go back to 1947 and prevent this whole mistake of using superstition and western colonialism dictate what borders are where.