And the steroids for my sinuses aren’t helping matters.

• Shurimal@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

What I found helped me getting to sleep earlier and faster was automating my living room lights. When the sun goes 3° below the horizon or at 21:00 (whichever comes later) the lights slowly go down to 30% brightness. I get sleepy soon after and hit the sack earlier than I used to.

If only I could also automate the brightness of my desktop PC-s monitor, too. Alas, can’t even manually control the brightness from software…

• Shurimal@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Doesn’t flux change just the color temperature? This is built into Windows itself these days.

But I don’t want to change color temperature and throw out color accuracy; I want to change just the brightness, automatically so I don’t have to fudge around in monitor OSM all the time.

• DrRatso@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

You should be able to control the brightness. There at least are many ways you can do this in Linux.

• Shurimal@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I searched the web wide and far, under Windows there doesn’t seem to be a way to control the brightness of a standard DisplayPort desktop monitor from software, even after installing the monitor drivers. My keyboard has brightness keys, the brightness slider pops up and moves, but the screen brightness stays the same.