cake
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

They’re Libertarian, so it’s probably more about lowering the age of consent…

• elscallr@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Say what you want, you aren’t going to get under my skin with nonsense. But I’m right, and I’m smarter than you are, especially about this, and you guys better get your shit together before you really cost the country.

• nilloc
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I then enlighten us, libertarians generally want unrealistic deregulation in areas that result in poorer educational, health, and economic outcomes for groups of people that aren’t themselves.

Cutting taxes while giving roads, power lines, municipal waste and water systems, schools and whatever else to a public private partnership or free market that can do “better” doesn’t work. It’s unrealistic and the reason libertarians are a joke.

If you’re really a liberal who likes guns and disagrees with the left on a few other issues, get in line and welcome to the left. Where disorganized leaderless handwringing at least doesn’t lead to (as many) dead lgbt teens and (such exacerbated) globe ending pollution.

• elscallr@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            edit-2
            10 months ago

The issues with which I disagree with the left are literally the role of the State. That’s what the original line was, and why I don’t call myself a liberal, and I think there’s common ground to be found or compromise to be had.

• CileTheSane@lemmy.ca
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

I think there’s common ground to be found or compromise to be had

Ah yes, that’s why you’re saying things like

I’m right, and I’m smarter than you are, especially about this, and you guys better get your shit together before you really cost the country.

Those are the words of someone trying to work together and find compromises.

• CileTheSane@lemmy.ca
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  10 months ago

No, I assume you’re being pompus and trying really hard to act like you’re superior to everyone while offering nothing of substance to the conversation.