• Sharkwellington@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

just want to point out that me and others are currently unable to vote due to republican and democratic run laws

Which ones?

Obama and Biden chained a woman trying to debate on the same level to a chair for eight hours https://www.democracynow.org/2012/10/17/green_partys_jill_stein_cheri_honkala

Like other third-party candidates, Stein was blocked from participating in the debate by the Commission on Presidential Debates, which is controlled by the Republican and Democratic parties.

None of this article sounds great but your assertion that “Obama and Biden chained a woman to a chair” is straight up deceitful. Obama became an honorary co-chair of the Commission on Presidential Debates in 2019 and Biden is not in the Commission at all.

both parties are actively supporting elites eating our county one bite at a time

Unfortunately not a concern of mine when one side is dehumanizing people I love. Like absolutely we need to get that fixed but before I can care about that I’m gonna need to focus my energy on removing power from the ones using it to hurt others. Republicans introduced 315 anti-lgbtq bills in 2022 and 500+ as of May. I simply cannot care about anything else while this is happening.