I noticed my consumption has decased quite a bit. I would visit regularly to watch content from few channels. I would probably still visit every so often to watch the new videos. But the experience has become more deliberate and conscious. I go to YouTube because I want to go and watch something specific. Mindlessly browsing and watching additional content is harder.

This is good progress from Google to get off their platform :)

• redhydride@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Yeah, I catch myself sometimes to switch to NewPipe. But sometimes the videos just don’t play. And sometimes it works fine

• ctr1@fl0w.cc
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

Major bugs usually get fixed pretty quickly- I always check the GitHub to make sure I have the latest version when I have issues. And Invidious can work as an alternative most of the time, but some instances work better than others

• Gunpachi@lemmings.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Yes, I’ve experienced that too. Newpipe generally functions smoothly on my phone, working around 98% of the time. However, when I opt for invidious, the videos sometimes doesn’t play.

Recently, I’ve been leaning towards using Freetube more. I’ve configured it to include invidious in the settings. It appears that it seamlessly switches between different invidious instances, ensuring an better user experience than just using a normal invidious instance.

• Pantherina@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Was unusable for some weeks once, now fixed again and just works. Sometimes crashes but videos always play