• noctisatrae@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

That’s why I love DotA 2! I just got back to my house and my gaming PC & I played a game of “soft support” and I just had tremendous influence running across the map with my Q to rotate, using the portals to gank our offlane and get kills for the carry.

I just understand better and better the structure of the game and it’s so impressive that contrary to League of Legends, all roles feel so much more important. The game is so much more exciting :))

EDIT: and the two free skins I got are incredible, the empress set for medusa and the anniversary skin for Earthshaker

• Azzu@lemm.eeOPM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I’m glad you’re enjoying it :) are you playing with friends or solo?

• noctisatrae@beehaw.org
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        10 months ago

My friends are LoL players and they hate DotA 2 for no reasons saying it’s shit so I play alone…

I’d just like to find a team to make great plays, and play the game seriously and get better while still having fun and trying new things.

I came to DotA 2 for those incredible weird strategies, just the fact that you can kill your minions shows that the game is so flexible with what you can do!

And on LoL I’m a support main and it wasn’t very fun anymore as it’s always the same things & strategies. As a soft support, you need to be flexible while still playing for the team.

yeah exactly: I want to feel the hype, and the excitation that in DotA, anything can happen, and it’s up to you as a soft support to make your team win by trying as much as possible to disturb the enemy team.

• Azzu@lemm.eeOPM
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Try joining a few guilds and find a good one :) it’s a great way to get people to play with.

if you’re on EU you could play with us sometimes if you’d like :)

• noctisatrae@beehaw.org
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

I am in EU :)), I would love to play with you, we can have fun and make awesome plays — here’s my discord:

noctis_atrae

The username is the same on Steam!