I have a theory that there is a impossible trinity (like in economics), where a food cannot be delicious, cheap and healthy at the same time. At maximum 2 of the 3 can be achieved.

Is there any food that breaks this theory?

Edit: I was thinking more about dishes (or something you put in your mouth) than the raw substances

Some popular suggestions include

• fruits (in season)
  • lentils, beans
  • rice
  • mushrooms
  • 💡dim@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Tinned tuna. Inexpensive, high in protein and fish oils, low in fat and calories.

Probably not great in huge quantities because of iodine, but generally very healthy

• wunami@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Getting too much mercury seems like it would be more of a concern than too much iodine.

• 💡dim@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        1 year ago

dunno about elsewhere, but the EU (and still be default the UK) has pretty strict regulations on mercury levels. In white tuna its a concern, but skipjack which is the bulk of canned tuna, its not an issue (if you are in the EU)

Just checked: Skipjack tuna which certainly in the UK is the bulk of the tinned tuna, is considered “low” for mercury, alongside things like trout, whitefish, mullet, salmon etc.

• nijntjefan@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I know tinned tuna is supposed to be good in macros, but I don’t know if they’re that delicious. Always tastes a bit too fishy for me. But there are like canned tuna in tomato sauce and those are quite good - tho i suppose it’s less healthy because of the sauce