200,000 users abandon Netflix after crackdown backfires::Aussies have spoken, and the results are not looking good for Netflix. A new report reveals why users are turning to streaming competitors.

• psycho_driver@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

It probably did work though. We had some relatives piggy-backing off of our top tier 20 year old account when we got shut down last August in what must have been beta testing for the program. We cancelled our account. I’m not sure how many of the relatives ended up getting their own accounts but the poorest and least able to afford an additional monthly charge went and signed right up, so they were at at least a net zero change in subs there (though they signed up for the cheapest option).

People are just disappointing.

• psycho_driver@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

I’m not sure why you’re being downvoted, because you’re not wrong. When you’re struggling with money monthly fluff should be one of the first things trimmed, not added.

• wahming@monyet.cc
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I’ve found fedis to have some weird echo chamber opinions. With the trend of blaming the boomers for the economy (which I agree with, don’t get me wrong), many seem to think that it absolves them of any personal responsibility whatsoever for their own finances

• JuxtaposedJaguar@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            edit-2
            10 months ago

Any forum can be an echo chamber; there’s nothing specific about the fediverse. For example: Reddit, Facebook groups, 4chan, etc.

• Serinus@lemmy.world
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

Well, pretty sure 4chan is run mostly by the Russian FSB these days.

It’s so easy to manipulate when you don’t even have to fake a backstory for different users.