Any thoughts or suggestions? I am new to riding and the water resistance of my ENGWE EP-2 Pro is questionable. Am I worrying too much?

• szeis4cookie@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I can’t speak to your ride, but I have no hesitation riding my ebike in the rain. I’ve got a Shimano mid drive designed for EMTBs, if it can handle muddy MTB trails a little rain isn’t going to hurt it

• IntlLawGnome@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Most ebikes have decently water-resistant controller housings. I’d avoid a serious downpour if possible, but it probably wouldn’t be the end of the world if you get caught in one, and light rain is no problem at all.

• Jim@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

If the product recommendations don’t specify, it’s usually best to avoid. My ebike is fine to ride in the rain but my electric longboard isn’t, it’s just that the important components are in different places and their capabilities are unique to the models. Even then, I try to saran-wrap anything vital (like buttons, screen and connections) before I ride in the rain just to be safe.

• elephany@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I have a radwagon from radpower and it’s gotten me through many wild downpours with no issues. Other than me forgetting my rain jacket sometimes :(