What are your favorite single player games to go back to often?

• Minecraft
  • Furi
  • Mario 64
  • Super Mario World
  • GTA SA and Vice City

It’s kinda rare for me to go back to a single player game and replay it, but there are some games that are nostalgic in the same way place or smell can be nostalgic.

I know them so well that I can’t help but want to go back and visit and I never really get disappointment by the experience. Sure, I don’t get as immersed as the first time, but I definitely still enjoy the games.

• BurntPunk@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

Really?

I mean, I’m not a big fan of “Five different endings” (technically 6) that literally just exist as “select which ending you would like” in a dialogue choice to choose the last mission, I’ll give you that. That being said though, I really do feel like all of them represent different attitudes and/or takes on the story preceding, and really feel like they could be a legitimate close to the story each in their own way.

Just curious if it’s a similar feeling for you, or if you actually don’t like the endings themselves

• SturgiesYrFase@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

The endings were interesting, but despite being distinct, they also kinda felt samey. Like Mass Effect 3, just a little less so.
        It was like after having run around NC for so long, and doing so much, there just wasn’t a feeling of fulfillment for me with any of the endings.

• BurntPunk@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

That’s fair, I can see where you’re coming from there for sure.

To be honest, I ran through all the different endings once, and then settled on one that I personally prefer every time after that for a bit, but lately I actually just play all the way through, finish every gig, mission, and scanner hustle up to that final point of no return, and that’s where I quit. Then start over from scratch lol. I’ve ended my last 3 playthroughs that way.

• SturgiesYrFase@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Sometimes I hop back in and do some missions, or drive around and kill a bunch of gangers. But having done all the endings I just don’t feel like it’s really interesting. It’s just GTA in the future.