What do you guys think?

• bionicjoey@lemmy.ca
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

The fact that Jerboa makes me click an Imgur link rather than embedding the Imgur content under this post when I click it feels like a possible area for improvement.

• XLRV@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It would be nice to have the app highlight new comments when you come back to the post, like in Boost

• SkyNTP@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Since you are asking, here’s my primary 2 complaints about the UI so far that so far seem unaddressed:

• not having placeholders for community icons and user avatars is jarring. This pushes the text around which makes each card slightly missaligned with the last depending on if there are icons/avatars. This gets tiring to read. It doesn’t need to be fancy. It could be a black box, or even just padding.
    • in the same vein, it’s hard to see what post/comment link is in what instance. This is especially important because different moderation rules apply to different instances. Also, celebrate the diversity of federation!
    • me is me@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I was thinking about the placeholder icon thing for a while, it’s a big pet peeve of mine too but I’m not sure what to put instead.

• Malta Soron@sopuli.xyz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It looks great, thank you very much for your work!

If you’re looking for inspiration on UI design, you might check out Sync for Reddit while it’s still active. It’s one of the best apps I’ve ever used.

• zalack@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Relay also has excellent UI. I tried pretty much every Reddit app available on Android and kept coming back to Relay.

• ToastyWaffle@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

The ability to swipe away posts, or collapse out all the ‘read’ posts was awesome for browsing

• Mcbinary@midwest.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Swiping up to close the link and swiping right to go back to the feed was a game changer. I’m finding Jerboa hard to use without it. :(

• Mcbinary@midwest.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

Relay was the only app I could use consistently. I tried all the others. There is a Reddit API proxy that someone was creating for Lemmy that has been linked to /u/DBrady - hopefully he uses it to port his app here too.

• larktreblig@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Thanks for the update, can we get a feature to change default setting for home page like “Hot” instead of “Active” and “All” instead of “Local”?

• Sneezycat@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

You can already do that! Go into settings, your profile settings, and there are options there for default sorting :)

Edit: huh nvm, it seems like I’m able to see them from Jerboa but can only change em from the webpage.

• Sponholz@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Looks awesome, but please add a separate setting to set the font size of the front page and the posts/comments.

The way it works currently, front page font becomes too small when changed in settings.

• devien@programming.dev
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It would be really nice if the app could keep its scroll position more reliably. It always refreshes if I switch to e.g. messages or open my foldable.

• Trabic@lemmy.one
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I love it so far on my phone.

The only thing I’m missing from RIF and relay is two pane landscape mode with the post feed on one side and the content of a selected post on the other for the tablet, but really great job so far!

• Gormadt@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I think it looks pretty nice, I think adding the ability to jump to the context of a reply to a comment would be pretty cool as well.

Like seeing the little notification for it in your messages and being able to tap on it to bring you to the context would be nice. I got pretty used to it in BaconReader.