Warning: Article has detailed accounts of the shooting

Breanna Gayle Devall Runions, 25, was charged with first-degree murder and aggravated child abuse in the death of Evangaline Gunter.

The child’s parents, Adam and Josie Gunter, told ABC affiliate WATE that Evangaline had been in temporary custody at a home in Rockwood, which Runions shared with girlfriend Christina Daniels and another child, a 7-year-old girl.

Before the shooting, Evangaline and the older girl were being punished that morning by Runions for not waking up the women and for eating Daniels’ food without permission, according to the warrant and a statement from Russell Johnson, district attorney general for Tennessee’s 9th Judicial District. Runions struck both girls with a sandal before forcing them to stand in different corners of the women’s bedroom, authorities said the older girl told them.

After the shooting, the women drove Evangaline to a nearby Walmart location to meet an ambulance, Roane County Medical Examiner Dr. Thomas Boduch told the Roane County News, and the vehicle transported the girl to a hospital where she was pronounced dead. Boduch could not immediately be reached by HuffPost.

• thisbenzingring@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

what a piece of shit headline. the girl was being punished or the lady was trying to scare her and the gun went off. the 7 year old said that they were being punished for waking someone up and eating food?! this is probably a foster parent situation. I sure as fuck hope that 7 year old is placed in a new home!

showing someone gun safety is the killers excuse, thats not what happened here at all.

AND FUCKING 4 YEAR OLDS CANT EVEN TIE THEIR SHOES! WHY WOULD YOU GIVE THEM GUN SAFETY?

FUCKING HORRIBLE

• SocialMediaRefugee@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Yup, sounds like she was trying to scare the girl. She was mad at the kids and wacking them before this. Jackass didn’t even check to see if there was a round in the chamber not that they should be aiming guns at people and pulling the trigger.

I wonder if there were powder burns and a muzzle imprint on the kid, that would show if the gun was pressed against her. I wouldn’t trust anything they say at this point anyway.