Google kills two-year “Pixel Pass” subscription after just 22 months::Two years on a Pixel Pass was supposed to get you a new phone.

• Blaidd@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    10 months ago

Lots of misunderstanding in these comments. Google Fi service is not going anywhere, Google is not cancelling any services. The Pixel Pass is basically just a bundle of optional services that can be added to your Fi account for a very slight discount. You do not get a free phone, you get interest free financing on your phone. Because they are cancelling the Pixel Pass Google has given me $100 credit towards my next phone, which is a better deal than the Pixel Pass itself.

Like many people I’m not happy with a lot of things Google has been doing lately, but the Pixel Pass being cancelled is not important.

• EyesEyesBaby@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

To take some sting out of the move, Google is offering a “$100 loyalty reward credit” for active Pixel Pass subscribers. You can use it for $100 off a new Pixel phone from the Google Store or Google Fi, and it expires in two years.

• Blaidd@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Thanks for pointing out that typo, I fixed the credit amount

• CaptKoala@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

I’m so glad I keep seeing the “just GOS it”, I greatly prefer my GOS pix6 to the stock one. As I said in an earlier comment in this post, I just can’t switch the stock one over fast enough!

• chic_luke@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I hate Google as much as the next guy but I don’t think switching to the product of an even more capitalistic company, one that is completely locked down and doesn’t allow you to install your own OS, is actually a good solution…