It should be within reasonable range, like e.g. you won’t wake up as a Yedi or Superman tomorrow and world hunger won’t be solved just in a few days, etc

• Coeus@coeus.sbs
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I can tell you something good that is happening this week. I got a job offer so I can quit the retail job I’ve been doing for 11 years.

• Hazzia
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Congratulations!! Really trying to get to the same spot right now. I’m in software with very niche experience though, so nobody want to hire me.

Despite my misgivings with my job, it’s far less shitty than retail (been there) so I can suck it up.

• Coeus@coeus.sbs
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I’m pretty sure that my job is related to the majority of my mental health issues so I’m really happy to get out. It’s pretty emotional though because 11 years at a job is a long time.

• Hazzia
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          10 months ago

Man I’ve been there. Once you see the positive mental health gains, though, you’ll wonder how you lasted 11 years haha.

I’m happy for you, and I hope it’s only up from here!

• sim_@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Congrats! My partner is in a similar spot. He deeply wants to get out of retail but even so, he’s remiss to leave behind a decade+ of his time at this company. It’s oddly bittersweet (and it doesn’t help that the job search has been rough too).