• nostradiel@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

Meanwhile in the Czech Republic…

Hi, is it still available? Yes. When I can move in? Tommorow. Thx, see you tomorrow then.

• nostradiel@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

There is no issues getting a rented place cause not many people can afford to live there, especially if you are without a partner. Most of the young generation about to start family life (20-30y) rather live with their parents. After the revolution many poeple started building two-generetional houses so it’s manageable as long as you have good relationships in family.

• Ann Archy@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          10 months ago

Oh I am fully aware capitalism has fucked the planet, but you guys at least seem to have the idea of good life down. Sure AF beats Sweden.

• OhFudgeBars@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

I can’t speak for the whole country, but renting in the places I’ve lived in the USA has been scarcely more complicated than that.

• ilmagico@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Not sure why you’re being downvoted, but can confirm: plenty of shoddy landlords that won’t check anything. If you want to live in a good (read: expensive) place, though, usually they do.

• jj4211@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

I haven’t rented for a long time, but I have a funny story along those lines.

I was renting a place with two other people. When we applied, we did some amount of contract signing and such.

So one of the people decided to move to another state in the Spring of 2001, but we got a replacement tenant. We walked down to the rental office and mentioned that this new guy was moving in and asked if there’s any process to take care of. The office said “it doesn’t matter so long as the checks come in”. Ok.

So on September 12th, all of a sudden they come to our door and demand why we didn’t file paperwork (they noticed in the wake of September 11th that an arabic guy had been writing them checks and knew they were screwed if someone came auditing).