It’s September finally and so begins the process of the ending of my least favorite season (Summer) and the gradual start of my favorite season, Autumn.

Figured today would be a good day to share your favorite songs that recognize the end of Summer and the start of Autumn

ABBA’s “Our Last Summer” immediately started playing in my head lol. https://youtu.be/KoyNlVQbUPc?si=b1UzLYXp12CGKWv5

But what are some of your favorite songs that kind of hit this moment?

• AcornCarnage@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Better Than Ezra - This Time of Year

I had this album and enjoyed it well enough, but didn’t get totally into it. But then I went to graduation where they played this song over a slide show and it hit me hard. While spring is graduation time, this is clearly and autumnal tune.

HOMiE - Autumn in Jayne

After the Blue album, Rivers Cuomo headed back to school in Boston. He played some solo shows, but not much came of the songs he wrote at the time. Years later, a couple of users from the Weezer message boards decided to give the songs some love and release this album. I like to imagine that this song was initially “Autumn in Maine” (my home state) and he changed it to Jayne to be less obvious.