• Aux@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

You see, the problem is that support is coming. But by the time it comes, we have 10 new technologies, which are not supported yet. Linux is useless.

• itsJoelle@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Now now, saying its useless is a hair strong. It works wonderfully for servers. As a work station it can be a bit of a mess keeping perfect pairity with each new, sprawling branch of tech and standards. Especially when it’s in a blind spot most people find convienent (looking at you webapps).

It may not work for you, and what’s the harm in having more options for the consumers!

However, the evangelizing I don’t understand.

• bitwolf@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

To be fair. AptX in general is niche and proprietary. That fact that regular AptX and LDAC can be enabled with one command is awesome considering they’re proprietary.

Generally, if anything is a standard it’s added much more quickly than other platforms so I wouldn’t call it useless. It’s a shame because Linux really has the best Bluetooth stack. It just works.

I’m hopeful SBC-XQ gains traction, even if I prefer an uncompressed stream, at least we have a better A2DP standard. Linux already supports this so it’s ahead of the game.