link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      10 months ago

If you spent more time explaining things rather than “dunking on libs” maybe your movement would be less on the fringe. I don’t have an opinion on who is more authoritarian, which is why it was obnoxious that you matter-of-factly made your point without any substance.

• mustardman
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          10 months ago

I don’t have a stance on Trotsky. Maybe you should check who you are responding to before you automatically start “dunking on libs”.

• WittyProfileName2 [she/her]@hexbear.net
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            10 months ago

Genuine question, if you don’t have a stance on Trotsky, and you don’t know fuck all about him, why are you wading into this comment chain in the first place?

• mustardman
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              10 months ago

You see, the comment sections of divisive posts are a place that you can learn about opinions different than your own or to learn new things. If you want, I can go back to the neoliberal echo chambers where people are actually engaged in discussing things in good faith.

• WittyProfileName2 [she/her]@hexbear.net
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                arrow-down
                ·
                10 months ago

If you want to know something you merely have to ask. Maybe explain that you don’t know much about a subject matter.

My initial comment was to someone who has an opinion on Trotsky and thus probably knows who he was, so I didn’t feel like typing up a whole-ass essay on the guy. Y’know?

• mustardman
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  10 months ago

This post is the natural reaction to a failed dunk. Perhaps if you want to counter a controversial point without explaining it, don’t bother posting otherwise it’s the intellectual equivalent of “no, u”.