• ZooGuru@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

It’s easy to say it’s “boring” watching Max/Red Bull win all these races, but the racing happening behind him is genuinely interesting and we are literally witnessing history. This may never be done again in our lifetimes, and the season isn’t done yet. I’m not a huge fan of any one particular team as I have only watched paid attention for five years and watched intently for two, so it doesn’t bother me much, but I do absolutely respect the thorough domination we are getting to see.

• gerryflap@feddit.nl
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      10 months ago

Yeah this. Max is insane right now, which I can definitely appreciate in a way. Behind him it feels like there’s complete chaos. It varies every week which teams/drivers are competing for podiums. It’s so enjoyable to see the race behind Max unfold. Everyone seems to be able to get into the points, although Alfa Romeo, Haas, Alpha Tauri and Sargeant generally struggle a bit.

• baru@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

It varies every week which teams/drivers are competing for podiums.

Which also really helps Red Bull to have so many points vs the rest. E.g. McLaren suddenly being way quicker ensures that the gap between Red Bull and any other team is huge. There isn’t a team that’s consistently quick if you ignore Red Bull.

• remer@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

Of fucking course he does. I can’t wait for everyone to figure out what Red Bull’s trick is.

• regul@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

I’m excited for Alex’s result. He’s really showing his race craft despite obvious weaknesses of the car (tire deg).

• Apprehensive@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    10 months ago

I think we need RBweekly rule changes that they used to slow down mercedes, Of course Toto isn’t as big of a toe rag as Horner was/is so that’s not happening.

• Sentau@lemmy.one
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

And what exactly were these rule changes that were introduced to slow mercedes¿?

It is true that horner used to bitch and moan a lot more than toto is now but no rules were changed to hurt mercedes directly other than the possible banning of DAS