• Artemis@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    10 months ago

If you haven’t already, be sure to convert it to Bluetooth mode from WiFi before the end of December or you won’t be able to use it anymore…I only found this out after trying to set it up with my Retropie. The link to the google web tool to convert it is here!

• asexualchangeling@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

I don’t have one but it really annoys me that so many stadia controllers are gonna be ewaste just becouse people didn’t know that they could be converted to Bluetooth mode, but only till the end of 2023

• sugar_in_your_tea@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

Hopefully someone will make something to do the conversion after the end of the year. I don’t know how difficult that is, but if there’s enough out there, someone might actually do it.

• MindlessZ@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      10 months ago

Thank you for this! I completely missed this and have 2 stadia controllers on a shelf right now

• Artemis@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        10 months ago

No worries! Strange of them to put a deadline…I agree the hardware is pretty solid!

• Artemis@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        10 months ago

Yeah, thankfully worked in Brave! I use Firefox (Librewolf) and haven’t installed Chrome in years…def annoying but not unexpected from Google!

• Rikudou_Sage@lemmings.world
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            10 months ago

Well, Stadia is dead. To be fair, I’m surprised they even included such a tool in the first place, from Google I would’ve expected to just kinda let it die.

• SatyrSack@lemmy.one
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              10 months ago

I still don’t get why it would be time-dependent. If they are going to release a simple tool with a single simple function like that, why not just release a standalone tool that can be run in perpetuity? Does it really require authentication with Google servers or something to modify the firmware?

• Daegalus@sopuli.xyz
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                10 months ago

Because Google doesn’t do standalone tools. It’s all web and they don’t want to host it forever.

And no, because there are now third-party tools that can flash it that are standalone.