Hi folks!

System

I‘m running ubuntu 22.04.2 on an old terra miniserver g2 with a xeon 4 core without mt, 16 gb ram and a redneck engineered usb-stick/ssd/hdd config which was supposed to be temporary. I have a 3-2-1 Backup solution though.

What happened

Today I opened my grafana panel and found it not working. Portainer told me that my influxdb container is down. So I ssh‘d in and the system told me it needed a restart. So I ran an update (including docker) and restarted. Nothing worked. Turns out, my dns (pihole) was offline. I found that docker was down completely. Grep syslog told me that docker couldn’t start since the docker config was defective.

An old mistake coming to haunt me

Turns out I had made a „weird“ docker config, using the /erc/docker/daemon.json. Instead of { „asset“:“value“, „asset“:“value“} I had done {„asset“:“value“}{„asset“:“value“}.

This led to the error but didn’t bother me for over a year and worked well. Something in this new update must have enforced the syntax or soenthing.

TL;DR

I made a janky docker daemon.json conf and got fucked by the update today. If your docker stops working, check the logs/daemon.json

• dreizonk
    link
    English
    39 months ago

Thanks for sharing!

• @HauiOPM
      link
      English
      19 months ago

You’re very welcome! Thanks for the support!