Could be TV, Movies, Video games, etc.

• done [she/her]@hexbear.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Den Brysomme Mannen (the bothersome man) is a kinda surreal look at “standard social life”, so to speak. Its not explicitly critical of capitalism, but is starkly critical of the social order (a social order i associate heavily with capitalism). I found the film hilarious, but my sense of humor has been broken for a long time. Its certainly a dark humor, the kind of “well, I can laugh or I can kill myself” kind of humor. Check CWs, i havent seen it in a very long time.

spoilers for the movie (cw suicide)

its about a man who kills himself and ends up in a strange afterlife. Its the perfect affluent persons paradise: its devoid of all meaning and substance. He eventually tries to kill himself again to escape, but finds he is unkillable. Eventually he hears some music coming from a crack in a basement wall, and digs a hole through to get to it. Just as hes getting through, the police come and take him away. He manages to grab a handful of cake from the other side. Following this he is banished to a terrible place, and the movie ends.